May 17, 2010

Another Box of Dilemmas


I captured that moment last semester during one of my 8 o'clock classes. I don't have any reason why I took the picture- I thought the early morning looked pretty and soft I had to take it- a good reason enough.

My first day of college ended a little messed up. Not that I screwed put in class or anything but a little messed up. I'll get back at that later. So classes went well; except for the last one where I was barely listening cause I was helping the lecturer with something. My mind at that time I was torn between concentrating on the work I was asked to helped with and thinking about what just happened a while ago before I entered the class. 

For my first class; Research Paper class, we were told to think of a topic- by right we should have thought about it during the holidays but I can't seem to grasp on anything because I was not sure what kind of topic the lecturer wants us to work on- so I randomly pick a topic off my head and the first thing that came up was anime. Since I'm doing something that's very tough, I should pick a topic I should like right. Then again, I was not sure. After standing a few minutes in front of the white board, hard on my head on what to choose, Su Wern and Ivan saved my life by saying J-Pop. If I can do J-Pop, then J-rock and Visual Kei won't be a problem right? But then again, how am I supposed to get the data? What angle am I supposed to look at? I was thinking how these genre music created awesome fashion threads and how their fashion affect the culture. But which culture? Malaysian or Japanese? If I pick Japanese... get me a Japanese translator, a ticket to Japan, expenses and a place to stay in Japan. But if I pick Malaysian as my target people, I could ask the people who are fans of these genre. For example Nadriel. She's a fan of J-rock. Or Sam, she's a J-pop and J-rock fan. Besides focusing on the fashion, what else can I research on? I was thinking on doing a quantitative research, so that I can do in dept with my topic. Or maybe  I should change my topic and go for anime and research on how it effects culture- basically how it influences the mind of the viewers or how cosplay influences the fashion trend. Though Su Wern said it's not new anymore in the world of research. Other than that, I could do a research on American TV dramas and how it affects Malaysian culture. I'm still contemplating, so hopefully by Friday, I will have a topic to focus on. The J-pop/J-rock/Visual Kei research is really hard to let go. Meaning I really want to do the research- meaning I have to figure out the answers to my questions quickly- meaning (again?!) I have to seek my lecturer's advice! >.<

So that's my dilemma at the moment. In the other class, in my PR class, I don't know what happened. So, I need to ask around later. xDD

I'm not supposed to think too much about it. Because it got nothing to do with me. But if I don't think about it, won't be a bad friend? But if i think about, I only will affect me more. A little confusing but I'm clueless on what to think about this situation. O.o

So... what's the end story? I don't know. It's raining! Yeay! :DD  Dry season is here~~ 

Song of the day - Hallucination by Matsushita Yuya

**will update about the Matsushita Yuya news I promised in the last post. ;D



Now let me get back to the top. After my Research Paper classes ended, Ivan turned around and told me about a certain friend of ours is not coming back to college as he is going to the overseas to study. My heart skip a beat. Literally. So he won't be in our class anymore. I thought okay. He's decision, not mine. I don't mind. I really don't. I'll smack him later if I see him for not coming to college and tell everyone. And I'll tell him I hate him... I really do since he did this to us... so yeah, I pretty much spill how much it did effect me. It's not supposed to effect me in any kind of way. I mean really, it's not supposed to turn out this way. I should just go and confront him and ask him why the freakin' ell' did you tell us?!  and tell him to take care. As a friend. :))  


No comments:

Post a Comment