Let’s congratulate my cousin who just got married on the 25th of December!!! Omedetto!!!
Yes, for 3 days straight, I spent my time taking loads of pictures, ate Nasi Minyak(Usually served during Malay Weddings), talked to relatives and take more pictures! I’m a person who love taking still photos but never my own. So, yeah there are pictures and they are very random. Usually people would take pictures of the newlyweds but I dare to be different. Hehe~
We arrived at the Akad Nikah(Marriage Covenant) on time—we left the house very early in the morning; about 7.00 AM, and we arrived 15 minutes before 10 AM and they were about the start the ceremony. I never actually realised how fast we got there until my cousin asked me... “So, how fast did your father drove to get here within 3 hours?” Now that he mentioned it, usually it took at least 3-4 hours to reach Johor Bharu from Subang Jaya. My God! My dad was speeding again! But then again, the traffic was smooth so... no biggy... I guess. XD (picture of the left is a picture of the hantaran)
So, first day in JB, the Akad Nikah went well, after that a short photo shoot where the newlyweds dress up and pose for the camera and that night, we did some final preparation—put in the eggs in the small-cute pouches. In Malay traditional wedding, we usually give something to the guest as a thank you gift for attending the reception. So yeah, here’s the look of it. XD Looks like the reef.
Second day, reception at my uncle’s house. There were 2 parts; during the day reception, it was mainly for the family friends and at night around 8PM, it was mainly for the family. On both times, I was there to take pictures. XD And well, I did help by distributing the small-cute pouch to the guests. It rained during the day but I didn’t cause any problem. And at night, everything was smooth. The music was... interesting to listen to because at one point, they actually played a Christmas song. Haha!!
On the third day, it was time to send the bride and groom to the groom’s house—which is located in Kota Tinggi. Since we came in big numbers, they had to add more chairs for us to sit. Oh and may I mention, the dishes that they served were nice. =D
So, it was time to bid farewell to our cousin. She is embarking on a new journey and may she live happily with her husband. =D
Yes, I jumped a few minor details but hey, I stick to the main points of the stories. So, after we left, I personally thought that we were heading back to my grandmother’s house but noo~ the whole family decided to take a detour by heading towards the waterfalls. Yup, the waterfalls. Clad with Baju Kurung/ Baju Kebaya(For the ladies)... we were taken to the Waterfall Park in Kota Tinggi.
What else did I do? I just snap pictures while I was there. Haha! I didn’t bother climbing up the stairs with the rest of the guys as they wanted to see the top; I just sat with the rest of the girls. Imagine, walking up while wearing Baju Kurung... people might think I’m nuts. But that didn’t stop a lady did it? I was looking at the waterfall when a lady... wearing a white wedding dress, with her man climbed down the stairs together... followed by a photographer. So, eyes were all on them. Nice way to attract attention. XD
Yeah. It was a great weekend and I had a great week. =)
And that concludes the update for the month of December. XD
No comments:
Post a Comment