When people hear his name for the first time, some would smile and repeat his name, “Fwen?” To them it’s either a unique or simply just a weird name to give to a cat. But most wonder, why Fwen? And we wouldn’t mind taking our time by explaining to them why, “Because he’s just friendly.” He was friendly.
Have you ever felt that something was wrong but you can’t put your finger on it? You just know that something is happening or going to happen and yet you’re oblivious about the whole thing. Before I switched off the lights last night, a thought came to me as I remembered Fwen’s condition when he came home last night; trembling. I hope to God that everything would turn out alright for the little guy in the morning and I thought that I would be just nice to blame it on those people for hurting the poor little thing. But I know there’s no proof whatsoever, but I can’t help but wanting to blame someone.
I went to sleep feeling a little anxious but I brushed it away and sleep. And this morning, it hit me like a concrete; square in the face and it twisted my heart. I held my breath when I swung open my bedroom door but to only be greeted by tears that was streaming down my mother’s face. No... It’s, it’s not possible... is it? I know it happened but, you only wished it didn’t.
Fwen passed on this morning and the only things we could do were crying for his departure and a burial alongside our previous—precious—housecats. A silent prayer was said and by God’s will, we will meet you again our dear friendly Fwen.
No more head-butts, no more scratching on the chairs. No more propping on the L-shaped sofa armrest, no more sleeping on big big brother’s bed. It was a life my family cherished; it was a cat that we will miss.
<>
Thank you Fwen, for you have brightened up our lives when we were down. You we special and you’re still are. Dear sweet friendly Fwen, sleep tight and we will meet again, Insy’Allah.
<>
Cookie, Simba, Sammy, Scrammy, To Chik, Belang, Bubu, Kit, Kat, Bubbles and all the past cats that were part of our lives, take care of this little Fwen for us. Ger Ger and Dot Dot from Nenek’s house, we will miss you too. Chico and Chibi, I still want to think that both of you are alive and survivors, so be well.
We will always, always love you all.
Goodbye, dear Fwen.
So sorry for your lost. Fwen's a real cutie. Take care....
ReplyDeleteThanks. =)
ReplyDelete