January 31, 2011

I like the sound of the snapping shutter of my camera

It has come to this; the final day of the month of January; the day I finally decided to update my blog after a long, long, long time. It's a lie that I haven't been to my blog; I have. Is just that; I just visit but hardly made any effort to log in and update. I'm planning on updating the things that happened through out the time I've been missing, but my pictures are in my hard drive and I'm currently away from home. I will update on those pictures I promise! :D

Taking pictures is fun. Once you know how to use the basic functions of the camera and manage to balance out the white balance, it's really satisfying when taking pictures. AUTO is good, but manual is better! (when it comes to operating the camera that is) Now all I need to learn about is, whatever it is I need to know after learning the basics. I heard that my next class should be about lighting. I can't wait! But reading photography books does add to the knowledge on photography. :)

I once wondered, when did my interest in photography started? Now that I think about it, my hobby in photography began when I was 10 years old. At that time, I had those bulky looking camera that uses film. It was small, and can be considered better than other cameras in it's range because a that time, the camera can zoom, it has digital indicators; like SLR. Haha! I was only ten!

Back then I only snap pictures without considering the danger of getting pictures under or over exposure. I just simply press the button and there's a picture on the negative. Once, back in school, I opened the camera to check the negative. I know I shouldn't but I did. I was careful to not open it in brought daylight; so I went to the store room at school and opened the camera. (I was in school at that time) xD But still, some photo damaged. My bad.

By the time I reached form 1, my camera was considered out dated. Why not. At that time people/ friends around me had started using the compact digital camera with SD cards. I was using a bulky camera with film. They got to take loads of pictures, I got to take 36 pictures at most. Was I jealous, I definitely was. xD

But I just kept on using the film camera, even though people say that the camera is so bulky and outdated. But after a year if I have to guess, my dad bought a digital camera! At that time, film was just too expensive to buy and too expensive to process. I still have 1 unprocessed film somewhere in storage.  So, we just use that small digital camera. ^^

At that time, I still don't know how to use the camera properly. Even when I had the chance to use the SLR my dad owned, I still don't know how to use it. I just simple snap, snap and snap. Then my hobby in photography just died quietly. Even when my cousin said that he has a new toy that I would love to look at, I,at that time was not interested in photography anymore. I was a kid, a kid tends to loose interest in stuff fast. x'D

But then, when I joined college, a sudden interest in taking candid pictures just emerged. I made friends with the digital camera and take loads of pictures with it. But dang it, the small thing was lacking something. But I just kept on using it. Until my dad and my brother bought the DSLR. Oh yeah the was huge grin in my mental head. xD

So, with permission from time to time, I used the camera with no knowledge on how to use the sophisticated machine. But that didn't stop me from using different functions. :D Only last year, I learned what are ISO, aperture and shutter speed. I also incorporated my filming skills in my photography skills. And now... I can basically read the surroundings and set the almost perfect settings on the camera to capture almost perfect picture with the right amount of exposure. Am I happy. Yes I am. All I need to do now is keep on learning about what other things I can do with the camera. :D

Who knows, maybe I can be a pro in the future. ;)

But the sad thing about me being a photography is that, I'm not a photogenic person. xD

Song of the day - Paradise by Matsushita Yuya

No comments:

Post a Comment