February 3, 2011

Paradise


On the second of the second month of the year two thousand eleven, Matsushita Yuya released his 7th single 'PARADISE'. The song 'Paradise' is also used as the theme song for his maiden drama 'Quartet' where Yuya played the character Takeru who is one of the main characters.

I'm not good at doing reviews but I'll tell ya what I think about the songs.

Though the single is released in 4 different packaging, which each of the 4 have their own specialty contained inside. To sum up all the songs that are released from this single, there are actually 4 songs.
. Paradise
. Loving Loved
. Secret Love
. Kimi no Koe

Paradise's PV was released quite awhile back and many fans have listened to it. In addition, the PV is also shown on the credit roll for Quartet. The song was a keeper when I first listened to it. The beat is more upbeat compared to the last single; Bird and the song is also more relaxing compared to the hyperactive song 4 Seasons. This song is nice to dance to and it's okay to repeat the song as many times as you want. :D

Loving Loved, a song written by Yuya himself. Its probably me, but this song captured my heart instantly. The melody is just right to sway one's feeling, and with his voice matured over time; comparing to the time he sang Foolish Foolish and Negai ga Kanau Nara; he has managed to capture the deep feelings that are meant to be captured.

Secret Love, also featuring BRIGHT & SHUN; the most upbeat song in the single and if falls under the same category as the single YOU (pursue and capture). I would say this song sounds sexy and hot; so an image of dancing club is now currently playing in my head is appropriate I would say? Though to be honest, this song didn't really appeal to me on the first listen but after awhile (after playing all 4 songs over and over again for the past 8 hours) the song finally got to me. I have to admit it, it's really catchy.

Kimi no Koe (Your Voice), I first heard the song from Sony Music Japan website. Though it was only 43 seconds long, it was nice listening to it. When I got the full song, this song was overall, okay. It's not that heavy nor to light, it's somewhat average I would say. This song also have the Pursue and Capture feel. ^^

Overall the single is pretty much solid. Yuya never released a single with 4 songs before so this single is pretty much a treat to the fans. Paradise is relaxing, Loving Loved is Love, Secret love is hot and sexy and Kimi no Koe is just simply likable. For fans, this single is worth it, so why not purchase it? :D

Now, in the facebook fan page, the fan page has put up a poll to decide on what kind of present they would be making this year for Yuya's 21st Birthday. So, if you're a fan and want to join the project, click HERE and you'll be directed to the fan page note on the Birthday Project. ;) While you're there, support Yuya by joining the page! We might not be the official fan page, but we try our best to inform you guys on the latest news on Yuya. :D

How is he doing in QUARTET? Let's just say that Yuya; the innocent boy we though he is, is not that innocent in the drama. O__O You can really see the change of character from the nice guy he is in real life (more like what we see in pictures of him being a dork and at times being adorably cute... he's such a teddy bear)... to the Jackal-and-Hyde-man who prowls around the city looking for drugs to destroy them. Though, the drama need to work on the fake blood, because it looks really fake and, sound effects do adds up to the intensity of the drama but... I shall not comment any further. The fighting scenes look really real hands down!

Yuya will be releasing his first ever Artist Book later in the year. I'm not so sure where because I think they've changed the release date. But it should somewhere this year or maybe in March. :)

Song of the Day - Loving Loved by Matsushita Yuya

No comments:

Post a Comment