Time flies when you’re having fun. Though the short semester nearly suffocated us with assignments, tests and final exams, but that does not mean that we did not have fun. Throughout the whole short semester, there was not a single day that we never smile, laugh, or make one liner jokes.
Now it’s the long awaited holiday—2 months of holiday- Happy Holidays INTI students especially to the Semester 2 DMCrians!
Now, let’s talk about updates. I’ve been neglecting this blog of mine throughout the whole semester; except for a particular post... referring to the cookie post
How was Raya? It was full of... well, food, family and friends. And not forgetting the money. Haha! My family and I travelled down to Johor to celebrate the first day of Raya with my dad’s side of the family. I met up with my cousins who studies abroad; Japan and New Zealand. Not forgetting another cousin who suddenly appeared, looking so different from the last time I saw her. We visited some relatives, went to my grandfather’s grave and had a big dinner at Pizza Hut and lunch at my auntie’s house. On my mum’s side of the family, we actually went to my grandma’s house a day before we left for Johor, and then after that, we went for another visit. I also had Mak Cik’s famous Mee Curry! Sadly, I only ate a little because I ate something else before the Mee.
Open houses! Well, I didn’t get any invitation to any open house—sad. But, I managed to have one for my college friends. Right after class, I went home—strictly told my friends not to come before 2.45pm but then again, Kok Han, Su Wern, Cecilia, Weng Loong and Janice came before 2pm. Oh well, they had their fair share of the food early and more time relaxing. A week before my open house, Kok Han, Su Wern, Ivan and Weng Loong came over, and Kok Han was addicted to the Triple Choco Cookies that I made. He finished a whole jar and almost emptied the second one. During the open house, he tried to resist the cookies, but gave it for a while before consuming the food on the table.; Rendang, Nasi Impit, Lontong, Satay, Kuah Kacang and Spaghetti were the dishes on the table that day, and people love the spaghetti. Haha!
How were the days in college? They were interesting I have to say. Though at times, I felt that I want to skip class due to lack of sleep—been kept awake by assignment- but, there are things that made me get up and go for those 3 classes.
How was Media Issues and Content assignment? It nearly killed me. The subject made us read journals, analyse the journals, watch movie, analyse the movie, read more journals regarding the topic you chose for your report; I chose Stereotyping in media, and made you do a presentation in front of the whole class. Other than that, during the Raya break, my group—Su Wern, Ivan and Janice- were made to analyse a certain topic for our group assignment. It was a little troublesome because, I was unavailable for a few days due to Raya celebration. Anyhow, we managed to finish it on time. My presentation was okay. People say it was interesting. I did a research on how veiled women were portrayed in media, and I made some interesting discovery myself. Su Wern’s topic was really interesting too. She did a research on how gays in Japan were portrayed in Media and almost half the class made a research on violence in games. Lol!
How was Communication Law and Ethics? I myself hate talking about law, but Miss Cheryl made us talk about different kind of laws and cases in class and guess what, I found talking about it were really interesting. Haha! The assignments she gave us weren’t so difficult; weekly analysis about the classes in a week and relate a music video or a cartoon strip with Malaysia. See, not that difficult. The TEST was a killer! I didn’t score for it, but I passed. Heh.
Did Social Psychology turned you into a psycho? It nearly turned me into a psycho, plus the rest of the class. Last time I wrote that she always wear a poker face whenever she cracks a joke, well, she still does wear it but after a while, she has loosened up a little and laughed along with us. We are jokers, but we know how to be serious. Psychology is interesting, and I love learning about it, but trying to remember every single term that we learned for chapter 1 until chapter 13 almost made my mind numb. The individual assignment made me drank a large quantity of Nescafe 3 in 1 and who cares about that when I’m a coffee lover plus I aced the assignment. Haha!
I love the group assignment! Though we spent most of our time going around Subang, KL, and Damansara, everything was worth every single drop of fuel of Ivan and Weng Loong’s car. The project was; do people help when other people approached them in different attitudes? Kok Han, Su Wern, Ivan, Weng Loong and I went around asking for directions with different attitude. First we asked people politely. Then, on another day, we asked people rudely. This part made me suffer from cognitive dissonance because it was out of my norm to treat people that way. Lol, there goes a psychology term. Continue on, we asked Yika Yiku to asked people for direction by flirting with them. Trust me it works, but then again, it was too much for the rest of us. Haha!
How were the finals? I did well. Enough said.
Any other events or incident that happened during the time this blog was neglected? Most definitely, Nadriel and I went to Asaban Festival at Taylor’s College University to check out some stuff. Asaban Fest is basically a combination of modern culture and traditional culture of Japan. There were cosplayers too! There, I saw Tamaki-senpai from Ouran High School Host Club, Suzumiya Haruhi and Kyon from Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Naruto, Gundum character, Vampire Knight character; Cross Yuuki’s best friend, and some other characters that I don’t know of. It was fun spending time with Nadriel after a long long time, and we pretty spent our time walking around the small hall, looking at posters, cards, drawings, food... and realised that there’s these two guys who pretty much sparked the interest out of us both. Haha! One of them turned out to be Su Wern’s friend and the other was is an unknown person who sits behind a table and spent most of his time doodling something. I bought myself to postcards, a wind bell and a plate of sushi and Iced Lemon Tea. There was a Small Bon Odori happened at night at Taylors on the same day but I didn’t go, Nadriel did though.
So, what else? I had to miss one of my cousin’s wedding because there was a deadline for an assignment and there was an upcoming test. Other than that, I think that’s it.
There you go, the updates for the whole short semester period. Later, I'll update on the current things I've done and hopefully, I will find something interesting to write about.

During the night matsuri/festival event, one band played a GazettE song. OHMAI IT WAS SUCH AN AWESOME MEMORY. *wipes tear*
ReplyDeleteDuuuuuude sorry about your cats. I hope nothing bad happened to them, and maybe they're just wandering somewhere far...hopefully.
Argh I can't wait for my finals to be over with (but there's just soooo much work to do in preparation for finals! T_T) Mmm I can't wait for us to hang out again and I can totally SHOW YOU THE AWESOME BOOK. 8D *squeals of joy*