I feel the same, though I just turned 19. Have you ever wonder what’s going to happen once you reach the time your age turn into a different higher number? For the past few years, this question keeps on bugging me every time my birthday comes. I keep on asking myself “Am I different or am I still the same? What changed except age? Have I really grown? Am I taller?”
Well now while I wrote those questions above, I kind of answered my own questions with one answer “Lol~ you change with time.” Nothing new just something I forgot. But why don’t I feel the difference? Simple, you can never feel the difference unless you go back in time (as in walk down memory lane) and play back all those ancient tapes in your head and you’ll feel the differences that you’ve been looking for.
This year feels different. Though I have to admit the day didn’t start like any other birthday I had; mostly laid back and simple, because on the day of my birthday, I had 2 project deadlines to meet; short film and marketing presentation. Supposedly I had to finish up the documentation but I fell asleep on the floor. For some reason, the floor in my room looks so comfy and I can lie on it with just pillows for my head. Sleeping on the floor is nice but at the same time, you might wake up with an aching back, neck or shoulder.
So yeah, I fell asleep thus I had to rush in the morning. My short film presentation starts at 12 a.m. and I have class at 10 am. Then there’s my marketing presentation at 4 p.m... Seems a lot of time to spend before the presentations? Wrong! Time passed so fast that day that made me panicked so much I went blank for a while. What a way to spend a birthday. But one thing was at the back of my mind, Sushi for dinner. Yes!
The presentations went well. Many people wished me and I’m grateful. One thing though, I really wanted my friends to surprise me with a cake. I’m not asking for it, but it’s just a feeling and a desire that I wanted because, throughout the times in college, my friends have been surprising other friends with cakes during their birthdays. So I wanted that surprise. But I cannot ask much because, for one, everyone was rushing to finish up their assignments so I had to put aside my feelings and think about my friends who are tired and stressed out. Why make them right? But the feeling kept on pushing, almost until the verge of crying.
After the marketing presentation, I felt the tension releases itself off my shoulders. And still, the feeling of greed is still there. I fought with it saying to myself there’s dinner with friends after class, but no, it kept on pushing. One by one, the number of people in class reduces and at that time, Ivan, Kok Han, Christy, Chiu Yein, Michelle went missing. Then Yika came in and told me she’s going off. I went in front to sit near to Cecilia and Su Wern, and then Su Wern left. I was a little suspicious, but I brushed it off. All of a sudden, Yika came in again and told me her ex-boyfriend was mad at me. Though at that time, I thought she said Ivan was mad. So I followed Yika to see that person in this particular classroom. And what do you know, I was wrong.
It was a surprise for me. Oh God, even when I write about it and remembering that time, it always brings me to tears. Yeah I misjudge them. I know I shouldn’t have but hey guys, I thought you guys were stressed out so I had to put my feelings aside. The surprise made me cried cause for once, after so many years... besides last year when I ruined the ice cream cake surprise from my parents by actually found it in the freezer and said it out loud. My bad. So yeah, after so years of no surprise, this year made my heart move and I cried. Thank you again for the surprise Michelle, Yika, Christy, Chiu Yein, Su Wern, Kok Han and Ivan!
After class, a few of us went for sushi and I had an awesome birthday day even though during the day, it was so stressing to meet the deadline. (^_^)v
What else? Oh yeah, I learned my lesson to never ask Christy, Michelle and Cecilia about that again. xD They spammed my facebook! Well, not only me, they spammed each other too! xD
Short film. The NothingBox gang produced another video. Given a theme Thriller we were made to make a short film with the theme thriller. Firstly, we made a very fast pace film that requires a lot of running and action but no, the lecturer rejected it. So we sat down again and watch some movies, anime and read a few manga to get some inspiration. Thanks to that, we got ourselves a new story and a brand new script. Filming and editing took us 3 weeks to complete the whole thing. The final result is satisfying for beginners like us. =D
Music Video. I asked a friend to help out for it. Haha! Took us about 2 weeks to complete the whole video. The song that we used is by Kris Allen and his most famous single Live Like We’re Dying. The Music Video gave us first price during Mass Comm Day. Though there are some pointers on where we should take note upon, it was a good one for NothingBox first ever complete MV. =D
What else?
Let’s talk about Matsushita Yuya. I like to watch him grow in the industry. From singing to dancing to musical play and acting, it’s awesome! As a Yume no Hoshi (Matsushita Yuya’s Eternal Stars) a name given by the fans in facebook, we try to keep up with his new releases and news on his blog, official website and myspace. =D
On the 9/4/2010, the new single ‘You’ music video is put up on youtube, myspace and fans put it up on facebook! Yuya-san’s songs contradict with my interest of J-rock music, but his songs feels different somehow.
To critic, I’m not much of a critic, but in the sense of music, Yuya-san has really grown. I mean, when you listen back to Honesty or Trust Me, the feel is different. Let’s not talk about lyrics cause I don’t really understand Japanese except a few words like ‘Ai’ which means ‘Love’. The beginning of the song sounds very forceful as in the sound is heavier and it’s like approaching someone with a plan, that kind of feeling when you’re planning something and decided to approach someone with the plan. I’m not making any sense... xD
Into the chorus...it balances with the verses. Cause it sounds more loving. ;D It’s more inviting in a way. First you’re being followed, and then you’re being pulled in... then comes the rapping part... the message of the plan. xD
The song is much more party like and well, it’s sexy too. Its heavy compared to his previous songs like Futari and Last Snow. So to give rating, I can’t cause I might be bias. =P The song is well balanced, and different. I love it. (^-^)
The full single will be release on the 5th of May 2010. Soon, Yuya-san’s first album ‘I Am Me’ album will be release too! Thus his tour will follow after that. ^^
The music video? There’s more dance moves! The camera angles are not that crazy like the music video ‘Trust Me’ (Don’t get me wrong, I really like Trust Me MV), the effects are much more, interesting in a way cause the song has a fast bet, so there’s like stop motions on some parts. 3 types of clothing... interesting setting... spot light on Yuya-san please and the dancers! =D
My God, I’m not a critic at all! xD
So yeah... my mind at the moment can only think about the new single so everything else is a blur memory. Haha... I should start updating regularly to avoid writing this long. >.<
Okayh~ I’ll log off for now. And I’ll update other stuff later. xD No promises~~
Song of the Day – You by Matsushita Yuya
No comments:
Post a Comment