I woke up yesterday with tired eyes as I only slept for 2 hours or less. The night before was another anime marathon as I was trying to get the pressure of result day off my chest. I've been calm and relaxed before the 12th of March 2009, but as the day itself came upon me, the pressure was on.
My mum accompanied me to school as I needed someone to support me if anything happened. So, the pressure was on, and that made me a nervous wreck by the time I stepped into the school compound. Amani was the first one to greet me, and I could see that she was scared. She looked paler than usual. Then, I followed my mum to the school office, and over there, I met up with the little villain, Aiza. It has been 3 months since the last time I saw her and she looked cuter than the last time I saw her, ha ha. I also met up with my schoolmates-slash-tuition buddies, Halina and Shiva.
So then, I left my mum at the school office and followed my friends to the schools' Foyer C. Now, I can take my school magazine. I didn't have the interest to read it as the tension was growing bigger as more ex-form fives came to linger around the foyer. While I was there, I met up with some of the current school seniors, juniors and ex-form fives. Somehow, the pressure that was growing inside of me starts to fade away when I'm among my friends. It felt like home again. Yes, I miss the school. Technically, I miss the school atmosphere and the school events, Ha ha.
Then, I left the foyer to look for my mum. She was sitting beside a woman who somehow looks familiar. It was Eleena's mother. Well, I was with Eleena before that. While I was talking to my mum and Eleena's mother, I saw a familiar figure that I have not seen for 3 months. Well, this person was far away so I didn't make any intention to move to say hello. What can I say, I was blushing hard when I saw that person.
My cousin Zizi, who was supposed to bee in school at that time suddenly called me asking me bout my results. Haa~ I haven't received it yet. So, I told him that I'll tell him later after I have my result.
After much anticipation, Pn. Fauziah walked into the office with a file in her hand. Then, the class teachers came out of the office holding a handful of result slips in their hands. The pressure was on again. Ha ha. I walked briskly towards the Foyer C with both of my hands around my waist. I think the colour on my face drained when I saw the result slip in front of me. Hands still wrapped around my waist, I walked back and forth from my mum who was standing at the library door to the table where my teacher placed the result slips, my result slip!
So, I was standing a few feet away from the table, from the moment of truth, I look at my class teacher, Pn. Norhafizah, looking through her ex-students results, the she came upon mine and called me over. She looked at it for a moment and then looked at me and smiled. She said "Congratulations!" and passed me my result. I reached for it and then folded it 3 times and shove the slip inside my pocket. My friends begged me to show it to them, but I brush them off telling them that I wanted to see it with my mum.
So I did.
I scored 8 As and 2 Bs. I screamed! Seriously, I screamed in relief. I hugged my mum who was standing by me and cried on her shoulders. Shocked? Yes I was! Didn't expect this at all. I thought that I would get something like 5 As, but the result I received was much, much better! Happy? I'm feeling great!
I stayed for a while. Though my original plan was to get out from there as soon as I have my result in my pocket, but I decided to stay. Congratulation to all my friends, doesn't matter if you passed with flying colours or passed with average results, I'm proud of you guys, cause you guys worked hard for it. Congrats again! =)
After sticking around for about half an hour, I left the school with my mum and onwards to my grandmother's house! That was my plan even before SPM. After getting my result, take the car to grandma's house to show her my result. Well, if my result is good. And the plan went on as my result is better than I expected. =)
At my grandma's house, my Mak Long and Mak Lang was there too. But the person that I was looking for was my grandma. She was relaxing in her room and I quickly went up to her to showed her my result. She was, well, proud of me and happy! Mak Lang had tears in her eyes and Mak Long gave me a hug and they congratulated me. I wanted to cry.
The rest of the day went well. Cousins messaged me to congratulate me as well as my Mak Cik, who called to congratulate me. That night, my dad came home from work and gave me a present. An umbrella. Ha ha! An umbrella to prepare for the up coming future. An umbrella for a rainy day... and for a real rainy day! An umbrella with San Fransisco Coffee logo on it! It's raining extreme mocha!
It's a wonderful day indeed! =)
PS.. Nad! Thanks for the teddy bear key chain! Love it! =) Congrats for getting 8 As too! Kim! Congrats to you too! Dinah.. thanks for listening to my problem... ha ha... congrats to you too,dear!! Everyone! Congrats!
Song of the day - Zero Gravity by David Archuleta
PSS... Mama! I know you're reading this. Remember what Aiza said! Ha ha! Archuleta is coming to town... tickets please! Lets go together! =) Lets bring Ayah along if we have too...
PSSS... Thank you Mama, Ayah, Omar, Amir... surprisingly Hariz too. I can never made it this far without your support, guidance and sarcasm.. =) As well to my dear teachers and friends. And Thank you Allah. Syukur Alhamdulliah!
No comments:
Post a Comment