December 23, 2010

Comic Fiesta '10 Day 1!!

Yo! I haven’t been blogging for a long time ne? Honestly saying I haven’t been a fan of blogging recently. Too many stuff in my head and so many events that are hard to explain in words. Like the recent event I went to, Comic Fiesta 2010 held on the 14th floor of Berjaya Times Square- a ballroom. Last year, the event was held at Sunway Pyramid Convention centre- a place where it's easy to go to but this year was more worthwhile as it felt like an adventure.

Took the KTM, then the monorail straight to Times Square on both days of the event and I’m not going to kid you, the journey was tiring enough without the event-Eheh~ ^^;;

Day 1 of Comic Fiesta 2010; the lift, the hall and the ballroom was packed! Going home, the monorail and KTM were packed! Go figure. So yeah, on the first day of CF, my mission was to take as many pictures of cosplayers that I could. But then again, I was struck by awe when I saw cosplayers walking pass me as I escaped from the cramped lift. One main though pass through my head over and over, “How am I going to take their pictures? Will they be mad? Will I croak when I ask them for some pictures of their epicness? Oh God, how am I going to approach them when they are so awesome?” Pretty much felt like how I used to feel during last year CF. Last year’s pictures were nice but now that I’ve learned how to use the DSLR, I was kind of-maybe-probably well prepared for the event. Hehe~

After purchasing tickets for both days, I took out my camera, attach the flash, and adjust the settings… bla bla bla… I was ready to shoot somebody! Figuratively. Haha! But before anything, I entered the ballroom to see what’s going on at the event, and after exiting the ballroom, I vowed not to enter again till after the crowed had eased. The placed was incredibly packed! Especially the area around the stage and the Doujinshi booths. I don’t know why but it felt like Sunway Convention centre had a bigger space? So I walked into the heavily trafficked Doujinshi road and I actually lost my friend in there! No worries, we were able to find each other after we exited the place. ^^;;

Now (then) my mission really started. I snapped, snapped, rolled on the floor (not really), sieza-ed (literally), ducked under loads of cameras and flashes, walked back and forth from one end of the hall to the other end of the hall and stood for hours just to take pictures of cosplayers. Talk about exaggerating… but true.
I saw a lot of cosplayers! There was one cosplayer who was walking with a HUGE pair of black wings attached to her back! I was completely amazed!

The huge black wings! She appeared on The Star newspaper :D 

Though, I only managed to focus on this picture since there were a lot of photographers at that time. What’s not to snap? That’s like the most talked about cosplay throughout the whole event! Then there were my friends; one cosplayed as one of the characters from Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, another friend cosplayed as the Hunter from Left 4 Dead, and another friend of mine cosplayed simply in her own Visual Kei style with a katana.

Raz cosplayed as Bennu Kagaho from
Saint Seiya: The lost Canvas
Naka cosplayed as the Hunter from
 the game Left 4 Dead
Lioleia in her Visual Kei outfit

Other than that, there were event cosplayers from anime such as 07-Ghost, Hakuouki,  Super Mario...

Cosplayers from 07-Ghost
Super Mario!! 
Cosplayers cosplayed from the game/anime Hakuouki
But on Day 1, one cosplayer really made me go... (O__O)... on how real he looked like the anime/manga character himself. The one and only Heiwajima Shizuo from the anime Durarara!! He was tall and was walking around with a camera in his hand. I was really, how to say, afraid to actually tap on his shoulder to ask for a picture. The thing that came to mind was, “What if he’s the real deal and he’ll pick up something and swing me to the nearest wall like how it was in the anime?” It’s ridiculous to think so but heck I was pretty scared if I have to admit. But luckily, there was a girl who also wanted his picture. So she tapped on his shoulder asking for his picture and well, he nodded and took out his cigarette and posed like Shizuo. So what was I waiting for, I snapped as many (not many) as I could. Heiwajima Shizuo, if people say that he’s the real deal, I’d believe it.

Heiwajima Shizuo
Who's the cosplayer? I don't know. Although...*clears her throat*
"Shizuo! (Sorry, I don't know what to call you  >.< ) Awesome cosplay! Thanks for posing for the camera by the way! Hope to see you again in CF 2011!!"

So who was my cosplayer of the day? Simple… look at above.
Heiwajima Shizuo~ ^^v
For more pictures of the event on Day 1, click here.

And~~ I made new friends at the event!~
In this picture; from left (NadRiel, Reno, Tara, Lioleia and Mei)
I only have this group picture of my friends with my new friends. Eheh~
How I know Reno? Raz told me. ^^
Hai Reno! :D

Song of the Day - Karma by Alice Nine

2 comments:

  1. It was nice meeting ya too on that day!
    It was my first time at CF and I hope to see you next year :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesh! We shall see each other again soon! :DD

    ReplyDelete